Warning: This post was published more than 12 years ago.
I keep old posts on the site because sometimes it's interesting to read old content. Not everything that is old is bad. Also, I think people might be interested to track how my views have changed over time: for example, how my strident teenage views have mellowed and matured!
But given the age of this post, please bear in mind:
- My views might have changed in the 12 years since I wrote this post.
- This post might use language in ways which I would now consider inappropriate or offensive.
- Factual information might be outdated.
- Links might be broken; embedded material might not appear properly.
Many thanks for your understanding.
To mark the special occasion of the First Anniversary of my First Post on the LBSC, I shall repost the Genesis of my time on this board…
I’m a reasonable guy. No, really, I am. But there’s something I don’t get. Since the beginning of April, via the wonders of spam, I have been offered:
– 3312 hours free online with AOL
– 45 dates with singles in my area
– 2250 business cards saving me £675
– Almost 5ft of penis extensions
– A 17inch increase in penis girth
– 16 sets of Iraq’s Most Wanted playing cards
– 23 bj’s
– 62 refinance mortgages
– 64 free mobile phones
Can someone explain the concept to me using small words and visual aids?
So what’s changed since this time last year?
- I get a lot more spam, though not so many Penis Extensions any more.
- I have a nephew
- I have five more A-Levels
- I have seven months of medical training
- I’m a little less reasonable, and a little more eccentric
- I now have one of the mobile phone contracts whose adverts used to annoy me
- I’m a year older
- My email address has changed
- I have much larger debts
- I no longer work at Homebase
- I still post on here
- I’ve developed an un(?)healthy liking for Apple Juice
- I spend most of my time in a completely different part of the country
- For the most part, I have completely different friends
- I tend to get headaches more frequently
- I shower, rather than bath, more often
- I still eat Honey Loops for breakfast
- I now drink from plastic cups and eat off paper plates
- I get out more
So there you go.
Just in case you’re worried, this post isn’t coming to you live, it was pre-recorded last week. I don’t usually pre-record my posts, but I wanted this one to be just right.
Originally posted on The LBSC