Warning: This post was published more than 13 years ago.
I keep old posts on the site because sometimes it's interesting to read old content. Not everything that is old is bad. Also, I think people might be interested to track how my views have changed over time: for example, how my strident teenage views have mellowed and matured!
But given the age of this post, please bear in mind:
- My views might have changed in the 13 years since I wrote this post.
- This post might use language in ways which I would now consider inappropriate or offensive.
- Factual information might be outdated.
- Links might be broken; embedded material might not appear properly.
Many thanks for your understanding.
I am building up strong evidence suggesting that the world has, in fact, gone insane. Here are my key findings thus far:
- BBC Three have decided to axe Liquid News, meaning that it will no longer grace our screens as of next April . Admittedly, it’s never been as good since Christopher Price died, but it has been getting better recently. The two-presenter format clearly doesn’t work, buy Paddy O’Connell’s not a bad presenter on his own – leave him alone and the show works, as was demonstrated when Claudia was off on maternity leave and doing Fame Academy.
- Celebdaq are removing their £100 Trader of the Week prize, replacing it with “A Selection of Celebdaq merchandise”. But then no-one will want to be Trader of the Week more than once, and the game won’t be as entertaining (or else someone out there will end up with 75 celebdaq mugs)
- According to a memo I received today, “One hour lectures are designed to last 50 minutes”…
- …Which is slightly better than the Government’s numeracy hour for school children, which lasts 45 minutes. It’s not the kids that need their numeracy checking!
- Two headlines from the Sky News site homepage right now: “‘Sorry They Ate Grandad,’ Say Fijians” and “Alluring undies wow New York”
In other news, I’ve been doing about Atrial Fibrillation today, which the more astute readers may realise is what Mr Blair had a few weeks ago . The most common cause? Drinking too much. There’s something to think about.
Also, Mr Blair and Mr Bush makes me smile, cos if you get the ‘l’ in the wrong place it sounds like Mr Bare and Mr Blush. But I seem to be the only person I know who finds that funny…can’t imagine why…
Originally posted on The LBSC