About me
Archive
About me

Hunt monitors’ website launched

close

Hold up! Before you read on, please read this...

This post was published more than 14 years ago

I keep old posts on the site because I often enjoy reading old content on other people's sites. It can be interesting to see how views have changed over time: for example, how my strident teenage views have, to put it mildly, mellowed.

I'm not a believer in brushing the past under the carpet. I've written some offensive rubbish on here in the past: deleting it and pretending it never happened doesn't change that. I hope that stumbling across something that's 14 years old won't offend anyone anew, because I hope that people can understand that what I thought and felt and wrote about then is probably very different to what I think and feel and wrote about now. It's a relic of an (albeit recent) bygone era.

So, given the age of this post, please bear in mind:

  • My views may well have changed in the last 14 years. I have written some very silly things over the years, many of which I find utterly cringeworthy today.
  • This post might use words or language in ways which I would now consider highly inappropriate, offensive, embarrassing, or all three.
  • Factual information might be outdated.
  • Links might be broken, and embedded material might not appear properly.

Okay. Consider yourself duly warned. Read on...

It’s exactly this kind of action that makes me doubt anti-hunt campaigners’ motives. Surely a group that are truly concerned about the welfare of foxes would be celebrating the fact that they’ve had success in banning the 6% of fox-killing undertaken by fox hunters, and should be gearing up to tackle the remaining 94%, not continuing to run around chasing after the 6%.

It makes me think that they have something against Hunters (which most anti-hunting campaigners vehemntly deny), not support for the foxes. By all means try and support the ban, but don’t encourage all your activists to spend their time doing this if you’ve still got 94% of a problem to tackle. Unless, of course, trapping foxes with wire and allowing them to starve to death, or alternatively sit for hours or days in total fear before blowing it’s brains out with a shotgun is less cruel than letting them be killed quickly by their natural predators.

This 361st post was filed under: News and Comment.

Some recently published posts

What I’ve been reading this month / October 2019, 3 minutes long

What I’ve been reading this month / September 2019, 6 minutes long

What I’ve been reading this month / August 2019, 7 minutes long

A flying visit to Copenhagen / July 2019, 9 minutes long

What I’ve been reading this month / June 2019, 6 minutes long

Some random old posts

Writing speeches for Andrew Lansley / February 2012, 1 minute long

Oxford attacked over plan to cut UK students / January 2005, Less than a minute long

‘Lives were lost that did not need to be lost’ / September 2005, 1 minute long

Email from Tony / March 2005, 2 minutes long

Murderous Santa in Christmas decorations shock / December 2005, 1 minute long

Fraser Brown diagnosed with cystic fibrosis / November 2006, 3 minutes long


Comments and responses

No comments or responses to this post have been published yet.

Compose a new comment



Comment

You may use these tags: <a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <s> <strike> <strong> .

If you would like to display a profile picture beside your comment, sign up for Gravatar, and enter your email address above.

By submitting your comment, you confirm that it conforms to the site's comment policy. Comments are subject to both automatic and human moderation, and may take some time to appear.



The content of this site is copyright protected by a Creative Commons License, with some rights reserved. All trademarks, images and logos remain the property of their respective owners. The accuracy of information on this site is in no way guaranteed. Opinions expressed are solely those of the author. No responsibility can be accepted for any loss or damage caused by reliance on the information provided by this site. This site uses cookies - click here for more information.